Monday 4 February 2013

B. Pure Micellar Water....a Bioderma dupe?

After picking up my usual generic products from Superdrug yesterday (cotton pads, dry shampoo...), I noticed at the till an advertisement for the new B. Pure range Micellar Water at the till.

I've been a fan of the Bioderma Sensibio H20 water after reading all the hype and picking up a bottle in Paris late last year. Worrying that I was nearing the end of that bottle and it's not so easy to pick up in the UK, this new product find couldn't have come at a better time. 

After testing when I removed my make up yesterday, I can say I see absolutely no difference in the performance if has of removing my make up at all. I generally use the cleansing water first to remove the majority of my foundation/eye make up and then use the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish to remove the final bits and really give my face a good clean.

Now to compare the two..

Bioderma Ingredients: Water (Aqua), PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyerides, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, PEG-40 Hyrdrogenated Castor Oil, Ammonium Lactate, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide


B. Pure Ingredients: Aqua, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyerides, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Pentylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoyl, Glutamate, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus Juice, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Mehylpropanediol, Citric Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Pottassium, Sorbate, Sodium Sulfite

As you can see the main ingredients are quite similar.

The one thing I did notice with the B. Pure was that it advised that it was suitable for the delicate eye area and then further on states to avoid contact with eyes! However, I have fairly sensitive eyes and experienced no stinging or redness after using this to remove the my eye make up including waterproof mascara.

Bioderma isn't readily available in the UK at the moment. I heard a rumour that Boots would be stocking this soon so at the minute it's quite limited to Ebay and you pick up the 100ml bottle for around £7.50 with shipping. 
B. Pure water is on a special offer price of £3.99 for 150ml, usually £4.99 and should be available from most Superdrug stores and their website.

Have you tried or can recommend any cleansing waters?

Nat x





No comments:

Post a Comment